Dear Prospective Market Vendor:
Thank you for your interest in the Saturday’s Menominee Historic Downtown Farmers Market. We would like to welcome you to our family of hard-working, friendly vendors. You can count on us to do everything we can to help you get established so that you can successfully market your products to our ever-growing base of loyal customers. This includes posting your information on our Webpage and Facebook accounts and sending market information to our email newsletter customers.
Last year with the COVID-19 pandemic we had to change the way we were doing business for the safety of our vendors and customers. We will continue to follow the rules and regulations of the states to ensure the health and safety of everyone that visits our markets.
We will also continue to abide by state laws for our market for Michigan Cottage Food Law, MDAR and USDA, for eggs and meat regulations and hope you will consider joining us at our market as the law allows for an opportunity to expand your business. We also continue to abide by state law for our market for all crafters which need a Michigan Sales Tax License for selling items at farm markets. We will highlight all vendors on our Webpage and Facebook page for our market as when each vendor will be present.
In addition to addressing the needs of our vendors and customers, we will advertise and promote the market, keep you abreast of changes and announcements, and will coordinate our vendors’ participation in the Market FRESH, Project FRESH, WISE Women, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP/EBT), Fair Food Network’s Double UP Food Buck for the market season in Menominee. This market also accepts Visa, Master Card, and Discover credit/debit cards.
Please take note of the following points:
- The summer market season will run 1st week of June to last week of September and runs every Saturday in Menominee 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. at Spies Public Library’s Parking lot. (This year we will start on Saturday May 20, 2023)._
- The winter market season in Menominee has been reopened and will run every other Saturday from October 15 to May 6, at BridgeView Apartments 1801 8th Ave. Menominee MI 9:00 am until 12:00pm. Take 10th Ave to 19th Street, cross over two railroad tracks and it is on the leftside.
- The fee for the market is daily. Electricity is available at no extra charge but has limited access at the Menominee Market at this time. Please request at time of application.
- Our Menominee market hosts the Giant Pumpkin Festival every year, and participates in the Downtown Christmas Parade. (They were on hold because of Covid but we are doing them this year 2023) . We hope that as a member of our market you will consider joining us during these events.
- Our market is involved in the Farm 2 Facts research group with Michigan Farmers Market Association. Over the course of the market season, I will be collecting information from you, as a vendor. This information will help show the impact the market has on the community. Being able to collect this information will help show the community, funders, and future vendors the importance of the market
- Please read the Market Regulations, completely fill out the vendor application, and sign the vendor regulations agreement. Return them to the contacts listed with any required licenses or drop it off at our market.
Do you need a Website or Marketing?
Here is a Vendor Coupon Code for Green Web Design.